Tuesday, May 12, 2009

But Mom...

After my post on Build a Mom, I heard a little blip that made me think. It was talking about the Wedding at Cana. As usual, it got me to thinking:

Mary goes up to Jesus and says, "Hey, they're out of wine."
Jesus responds (paraphrased), "But Mom, its not time for that yet..." 
She doesn't argue, she just knows. This points out to me a few things.
  1. Mary must know Jesus' power. This shows that she knows He is God.
  2. Mary knows that Jesus will obey - no arguement, just keeping the 4th commandment. She doesn't argue back, she just knows.
  3. She doesn't even have to ask, "Can you do something about it?" Kind of like that old addage, "If I say jump, you say 'How high?'" Jesus doesn't ask what he should do, but He knows, showing just how obedient he was.

Just a few thoughts about how a good child should behave and how this mother trusted her Son so much and knew that she had raised Him to respond as He did.

And now, I'm back to my mission...

No comments:

Post a Comment