Thursday, March 12, 2009

A new perspective...

Another day of sickness in my house… My eldest has two ear infections and a fever. My youngest had a fever of almost 104 this morning and the doctor says she has influenza… Curse her cuddliness. My wife is still ok, but the doctor gave her no chance of making it through this ordeal healthy. I’m back to work, but I’m dragging and irritable. But the word of the day is “perspective”. Keep things in perspective.

While looking at my Face Book account, I noticed that one of my high school classmates had her status stating that she was still at Children’s Hospital with her little girl battling a disease that was yet undiagnosed. How truly blessed we are…

A few months ago, a family from my home town laid their still born son to rest without getting a chance to know him. How truly blessed we are…

I read a story in the paper last year about a guy who was let out of prison to see his little girl before she was taken by a brain tumor. How truly blessed we are…

I heard a couple tell their story on the radio today about never having kids because of fertility problems and not having the financial means to adopt. How truly blessed we are…

I complain far too often, but when you look at thinks in perspective, we are all truly blessed… Isn’t God amazing? Well, I'm back to my mission...

No comments:

Post a Comment