Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Halfway there...

Lent is over halfway over for this year. How fast it has gone! I feel like only last week I was sitting at my desk at work doing my best to keep from rubbing the ashes off my forehead. What happened to the last month?

Since lent is half over, I am going to recommit myself. I want to find a way to keep all of my resolutions as well as find new resolutions that will help my family and me grow closer to The One who made us. How can we get closer? Is there an obstacle that keeps us from being closer to God?

My daughters are amazing and I love them so much, but sometimes when I get home from work at the end of the day, I’m short tempered and often I end up snapping at them when they try to get attention. I am going to make a concerted effort to try my best to be pleasant with them. When I want to discipline I’m going to take a step back and think about how truly blessed I am. I will think about the fact that some people weren’t able to have kids, but God has chosen me to be a father. If one of them is crying because they don’t want to go to bed, I will think about people who have had children called home before them and think about how blessed I am that I get to hug each night and tuck into bed. I won’t completely put discipline aside, but I will work on not being so quick to impose timeout or snap and showing them that I know I am blessed to be their Papa.

No comments:

Post a Comment