Thursday, February 26, 2009

On a mission from God...

When I was trying to figure out a good title for my blog, I took some time to figure out what I wanted to call it. Should I call it something humorous? Maybe an anagram of my name like Slam Red Jerky or Sly Armed Jerk or even Army Led Jerks - but nothing seemed to apply. Then I thought, maybe some cool Latin phrase that related to the Church. While that was pretty cool, none of the available ones really applied to me. So then I remembered that one of my favorite T-Shirts that I saw while in college had a picture of Pope John Paul II wearing sun glasses and black hat and a black coat and said "We're on a mission from God...". This might seem odd to most, but I loved the Blues Brothers movies and this was just perfect. Although, I needed a unique twist on it since I was sure "OnAMissionFromGod" was already used - so using a Latin translator, I derived "In Commissum Quo Deus".

So why the mission? Thats easy - God had a plan for me before I was even conceived, and that plan is my mission straight from the Big Guy. So that is the story of how my blog came to be. Now back to my mission...

No comments:

Post a Comment